Our gathering and time of worship tonight has begun to prepare our hearts for what the Lord has in store for us this week. Pastor Josh Lewis opened by pointing us to Christ’s example of humility in Philippians 2:3-11. We followed our time in God’s Word with a time of worship lead by Nathan Abbott. It is evident that God has something in store for everyone this week.
As we began to prepare our hearts, students and leaders were given a list of questions to answer to help them begin to process what lies ahead. One of the questions we asked was, “What makes you most anxious about this trip?” Some of the responses included:
– My pride getting in the way of what I need to do.
– Getting used to being with people I may not know very well.
– Going into areas I have never been before.
– Not being brave enough to do what God is calling me to do.
– Being out of my comfort zone.
– Engaging in conversations with strangers.
– Allowing fear or anxiety to keep me from having meaningful experiences.
– Fear that there will be hesitation in sharing the gospel and talking about my faith.
While this is just a short list, many students and leaders share the same anxieties for this trip. Therefore, we would invite you to begin to pray over each of these things. Pray that God will empower everyone on the trip and that He will remove all anxieties. Pray that our team will be able to humble themselves and consider others more significant!
We are excited to see and hear of all the ways that God helped each person on the team overcome their anxieties, and we can’t wait to share it with each of you!