Our students have been home for a week and we are praising God for all He was pleased to do in each of our lives last week. Here are what some of our students and leaders had to say about the week:
What did you learn about yourself this week?
- I learned that I have a lot of pride that needed to be broken down. I came in expecting that I could face every task that God had for me, but I was not prepared to do laundry and break down cardboard. I should concentrate more on serving in whatever way is needed rather than only choosing the jobs that require me telling people about God.
- I was so at peace standing in dangerous neighborhoods and talking to the people, I had an overwhelming sense that this is where I need to be.
- I learned about how hesitant I am to open up, but how much I enjoyed our group once I did. I learned how I need to worry less about what people think when I first meet them.
- I haven’t been good at listening to God’s voice in my life. I have been so focused on what I want for my life and what I want for my future that I forget that God can use me today, exactly where I am.
- I need to relax more and trust God has control.